[FSG-public] Fiber is in.

Bryan Fields bryan at flscg.org
Thu May 12 09:35:13 EDT 2016

On 5/9/16 12:53 PM, xloner12 wrote:
> The 2851 would be a good pick. I had an old 2800 that I used as my lab router
> for a couple years. Now Jerry has it as his main router. At least we would
> know our way around it.

Erron was asking me where we're going to land the fiber on 7.  I was thinking
it may be best to land it on the DC switch 10g interface so we can do multiple
vlans up there if need be.
Will you need a 10g single mode optic?

I believe we've located a ex4200 which will do all the layer 3 we need.

We'll need a /31 from the DC router to IP the PtP interface on the 4200 and a
static route pointing the /23 from 44net to the switch.  We'll need the /23
announced, and I believe Jerry has the LoA/CFA in hand for it.

If we can pull this together I can probably get the 4200 installed this weekend.

> I have no problem helping with the web site. Did you have a idea what you
> wanted done with it?

It's wordpress now, not married to the idea.  Just need someone to take
pictures and put them up there, add some info on the repeaters and the data
stuff we're into.  I'm not good with webdesign and I am to busy to deal with it.

--
Bryan Fields, W9CR
Florida Simulcast Group, Inc.