[App_rpt] Ft897 Remote problem

Steve Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Thu Nov 16 15:02:22 UTC 2006

Gary,

The login function can be used to get unauthorized users from accessing a
remote base. If the authlevel is a 1 or 2 in the node config block, it will
prevent the remote base from being used until a password is entered. The
default authlevel is 0 (off). You may have several login entries defined to
allow each user to have their own password. At some point we may also allow
logins to be limited to HF subbands by license class.

Regarding the issues with your FT897 setup:

Do you have anything you can hook up to the serial port and grab what is being
sent to the radio? We'd like to know if what is being sent is correct, and
verify the baud rate is set correctly.

Have you tried using the default command settings? Do they act any
differently?

One other question, what are to using to shift the levels from RS-232 to TTL?

Steve,

WA6ZFT