[App_rpt] ASTERISKNOW, pciradio and apt-rpt

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:56:01 UTC 2007

Here's the problem: Asterisknow is precompiled without the app_rpt
module being built during the compile process.

The best thing to do is go back to Fedora core 5 or Ubuntu Edgy, install
the appropriate kernel packages, then compile zaptel, libpri, and
asterisk from scratch. When you do a make menuselect on Asterisk to
configure it, select app_rpt and DTMF_RELAX.

For Fedrora core 5, you'll need to install the kernel-devel package
before compling zaptel.

For Ubuntu edgy, the appropriate packages are linux-headers and
build_essential. Ubuntu can be tricky to get it configured properly to
compile zaptel because it uses different linux-headers packages for the
server, desktop, and amd64 versions and it is very easy to install the
wrong one.

Steve.