[App_rpt] idtalkover parameter

Mark Hagler markhagler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 04:52:47 UTC 2007

One more question... I'm figuring things out as I go along here.   So
far this is pretty cool!

In rpt.conf the idtalkover parameter isn't strongly documented.   My
guess at it's function is to play a morse code ID underneath the
repeated audio if a long-winded user has the repeater keyed up and the
ID timer expires completely.

So, I set idtime=6000 and then I held the receiver open for well in
excess of 6 seconds, but it did not play any morse code I under the
audio.   I tested several cycles transmitting >6 seconds and it always
plays the ID file in tail but never ID's when the timer expires during
a transmission.

Could somebody enlighten me either to what this parameter really does
or show me if I'm using it incorrectly?

Thanks,

Mark Hagler