[App_rpt] Simplex node with just RXAud/TXAud/PTT ?

Chad Palm chad at thepalmz.net
Tue Aug 12 23:51:57 UTC 2008

I believe I am looking for a configuration similar to what you've got going
on, simplex base control: one asterisk box at location A, with a motorola
GM300 through USB soundcard FOB and another identical setup at location B.
When a portable at A transmits on the channel the GM300 is on, I want the
audio to cross over IAX2/GSM and open up the radio at site B, transmitting
to portables at that site.. the same process should happen in reverse for
traffic from B.  I've read it's dangerous to use mobile radios above a 10%
transmission duty cycle due to heat, so I think CTCSS/DCS between the
portables and their (local) base is the best way to prevent that.. meaning I
want VOX control between the asterisk boxes right?  Any comments or
suggestions you may have would definitely be appreciated!

ChadP