[App_rpt] turning off announcements

Shayne Hughes velocityfactor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 16:38:47 UTC 2008

Thanks.  Oh, so the announcement is made on the calling side, and gets
transmitted to the recipient side because they are linked?  I see that
some people are running frequency agile hf radios as remote bases.  If
they leave it sitting on 20m somewhere and someone connects to that
node, does it announce that to the world on 20m?  Is that not a
concern or is there some existing way they deal with it?

Shayne