[App_rpt] Asterisk <-> Echolink gateway

Skip WB6YMH wb6ymh at cox.net
Sat Jul 26 18:28:44 UTC 2008

If anyone is interested in adding EchoLink connectivity to their Asterisk
node you might be interested in my project called "thebridge".  Thebridge
is the conferencing software used by the majority of Echolink conferences
and is also the basis of the EchoIRLP project.  Like Asterisk thebridge
is an open source project released under the GPL.

You may download a tarball of the  latest beta of thebridge from:
can check it out from the CVS repository on Sourceforge:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cqinet.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cqinet login

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cqinet.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cqinet
co -P thebridge

This version supports the latest chan_rtpdir Asterisk driver (0.5) and
includes the ability for Asterisk nodes to initiate connections to
Echolink nodes and disconnect nodes via touch tone.  Older versions of
the chan_rtpdir (0.2) are no longer supported.

An Asterisk/IRLP wizard could also configure thebridge to act as an
gateway to the IRLP network by using Asterisk to run the necessary IRLP
scripts.

NB: This code is for people who are knowledgeable about Asterisk and the
app_rpt project. I needed a *lot* of help from W9SH and K6JWN to get my
Asterisk node running.  Since I'm an Asterisk novice won't be offering
any help for configuring Asterisk to use the new chan driver.

73's Skip WB6YMH