[App_rpt] Asterisk segfaults after installation

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Sun Jul 27 07:05:53 UTC 2008

I've been trying to install Asterisk on a CentOS 4.4 box for a while,
but not with much luck.  I got Asterisk compiled and the software
installed.  After a couple of issues finding the right kernel-devel
package for my kernel, all seemed to install fine.  I also installed
chan_rtpdir (v 0.2 so far, though now I will need 0.5).  However,
when I try and start Asterisk, I get a segfault if there is anything
at all in rpt.conf.

While the idea of using a distribution like ACID or EVB is nice, I
was forced to use a pre-existing system, so reformatting isn't an option.

If I use the sample rpt.conf, Asterisk loads fine.  However, as soon
as I uncomment any line, then Asterisk dies with a segfault on the
second pass of reading my rpt.conf.

On my system, it reads and identifies the rtpDir link on the first
pass and then dies on the second pass.  For the record, I recompiled
chan_rtpdir on my system to avoid library/compiler issues, which I
did have also.

Anyone have any ideas?

Alternatively, are there some sample configs that can be used on an
existing Asterisk box?  I'm running no RF hardware on Asterisk at
this stage.  All paths to RF are via the rtpDir link.  Eventually, I
might add a remote base directly to Asterisk, or move the RF hardware
to Asterisk.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com