[App_rpt] Asterisk segfaults after installation

Steven Palm n9yty at n9yty.com
Sun Jul 27 14:14:20 UTC 2008

On Jul 27, 2008, at 2:05 AM, Tony Langdon, VK3JED wrote:
> If I use the sample rpt.conf, Asterisk loads fine.  However, as soon
> as I uncomment any line, then Asterisk dies with a segfault on the
> second pass of reading my rpt.conf.

  Does it leave a core dump around?  Anything useful come from an
analysis of that?  If you aren't sure about how to handle that, you
must compile with debug symbols turned on as a start, and then use gdb
or other tools.  A quick google on "linux core file analysis" should
give you something useful.  If you can track down where it is dying it
surely will help figure out why.

  Steve