[App_rpt] Asterisk segfaults after installation

Marshall Oldham ke6pcv at cal-net.org
Sun Jul 27 22:10:31 UTC 2008

Steve,

>This is not a HAM community, it is an Asterisk based repeater community.  I
have it in use for commercial non HAM operations that you as a HAM are
restricted from.

So, why in your original post did you state this?

"Is it because HAM people are assumed to be dumb?  Couldn't a shell script
be written to pull down known versions of zaptel/dahdi, libpri, and Jim's
branch, and install?"

Seems to me you were referring to the "HAM" people.

>As far as money goes, yeah, the defunct Dingotel company probably put in
most of the effort and money for the idea to be ripped off.

Your reaching now! <GRIN> Boy you sure like pulling things out of thin air.

>The URI is most likely infringing on a >patent or several but that is
besides the point.

If you are so worried about infringement, then why are you using the URI?

Sounds like you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

>I am precipitating the fix, not creating the problem.  What problem have I
created?  Again, why so much pushback?

If you are "precipitating" a fix, why are you lasing out on the remailer
about it?

Simply post a fix with the information on the remailer. That's all you need
to do.

>I paid for three URIs, that was in U$D, so much for free.

You paid for hardware NOT software. Do you know the difference???

When you bought the URI hardware, it did not say anything about FREE
software support!

When you buy a Motorola radio, they do not give you the programming software
for free?

No, you have to buy it.

>Now I expect to be able to us that hardware on the OS/platform of my
choosing.  Am I out off line?

And you can! You will just need to figure it out for yourself!

All OS platforms are not supported and there have never been a claim that
they are!

Buying hardware does not make you entitled to FREE software support for
whatever OS or idea you can come up with in your own mind.

>Since when is asking what the logic of be corralled into anything
complaining?  If there is a logical answer rather than vague answers such as
"a labor of love" and "difficult >to do", then I am open to hearing it,
otherwise it is propaganda to someone's agenda.

Well your original post did not come across as a question of logic, it came
across as complaining.

Maybe you need to learn to express yourself better in email when you post
messages on a remailer.

>I logically want to be clear which it is.

>HOWTO:

>1.  Install your favorite flavor of Linux and configure it your way,
optimize your way, secure your way.

>2.  Install prerequisites for Asterisk

>3.  Go into /usr/src directory on your linux box # cd /usr/src

>4.  b) Download the latest SVN stable release of libpri and zaptel and
Jim's branch # svn checkout >http://svn.digium.com/svn/libpri/branches/1.4
libpri-1.4 # svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4
zaptel-1.4 # svn >checkout
?http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/jdixon/chan_usbradio-1.4/

>asterisk_usbradio

>5.  cd into each of the above directories and read any READMEs or similar
all caps files.

>6.  cd into libpri-1.4

># make clean

># make && make install

>7.  cd into zaptel-1.4

># make clean

># make && make install

>8.  cd into asterisks_usbradio

>#  make clean

>#  ./configure

>#  "make menuselect" and make the selections you want.

>#  make && make install

>9.  Edit required files

>10. Start Asterisk on the console with core dump on and a bit of verbose #
asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvgc

>Someone please test this as I have, and post to the websites pushing EVB or
ACID.

How about you test it and post it to your own website!

This will be my last reply regarding this subject. I am not wasting anymore
of my time with

your "logical questions" (rants) on this email list.

73

Marshall -ke6pcv