[App_rpt] Asterisk segfaults after installation

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Mon Jul 28 04:38:41 UTC 2008

At 08:30 AM 7/28/2008, you wrote:

>The reason for using ACID or EVB is simple. They work and are simple
>for the average ham
>who has never touched linux to get a working box. N9SH and WA6ZFT
>put a lot of time into
>making those distos for those who want to play with this stuff.
>Commercial use is questionable

In a way, that's not unlike the IRLP guys insisting you use the IRLP
distributions if you want support.  They don't stop you installing
IRLP on other distros, but they won't support it either.  That is
fair enough.

Actually using ACID or EVB would have been my first option, except
that I don't have physical access to the box frequently, and don't
want to spend all my time there getting it back online, as others at
the site depend on it for Internet access too. :)  However, I might
install ACID onto a VMware VM and examine its configuration.

>Now, if you want to use your distro of choice, then you are free to
>do so. the source for everything is available.
>you know where it is, its plainly published. You can figure out how
>to make it work. Plain and simple.
>Don't ask for help as most likely your peculiar combo is at fault.

Actually, this is where the community can step in.  Like on IRLP,
there's a number of IRLP/Debian gurus that know how to get it running
on Debian.  I can get it going on stock CentOS/Fedors boxes, etc.

When I have luck, I'll post my results back here (note the "when" :) ).

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com