[App_rpt] Asterisk segfaults after installation

Don Russell w9drr at live.com
Sun Jul 27 22:30:18 UTC 2008

The reason for using ACID or EVB is simple. They work and are simple for the average ham
who has never touched linux to get a working box. N9SH and WA6ZFT put a lot of time into
making those distos for those who want to play with this stuff. Commercial use is questionable
at best. Relying on commodity PC based hardware for a commercial install is nuts. PC's lockup.
Dedicated controllers simply don't. FRS and MURS is forbidden by the FCC rules thats why Dingotel
isn't around. their product was not legal in any way shape or form. Besides they leached phone access
from basically everyone for their business model. not so bright an idea. They most likely stole the idea
from Steve and Jim since the app_rpt has been around for quite a long while.

Now, if you want to use your distro of choice, then you are free to do so. the source for everything is available.
you know where it is, its plainly published. You can figure out how to make it work. Plain and simple.
Don't ask for help as most likely your peculiar combo is at fault.
Do you call GM when your after market 600HP turbo charger with red blinking lights
doesn't go beep beep beep? Then why as why something doesn't work with an odd ball setup?
No one is forcing you to use EVB or ACID. They exist because they are simple to use. Since
the majority of the people developing are using the same setup then that is what we expect
you to use if you want any help.  No the users are not dumb. Its development is being based off
a standard.

You could have just as easily built your own fob, I did. I think I have whopping $10 in my setup total.
Don't complain about your choice to buy something. It was YOUR choice to do so. I chose to solder my
own. Did I complain about how easy it was to make? nope....

Your perceived hostility doesn't help very much and use of phases like "propaganda" and "logic" are
flamebait. Personal attacks like the one target at N9SH are not necessary and you will simply be ignored from here out.

Have fun and Chill a little