[App_rpt] Configuration pointers

Asterisk Repeater Controler app_rpt at lists.illiana.net
Wed Jul 30 20:50:25 UTC 2008

At 07:43 PM 7/30/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Tony,
>
>This (by far) is the most straightforward "how to" thanks to N9YTY. I'm
>a few hours behind you, and if dl.allstarlink.org wasn't down I'd have
>built Asterisk by now!

I noticed dl.allstarlink.org was down.  I cheated, I used the files
that were downloaded onto my ACID test box the other day and a bit
more script hacking! :D

>http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/gB-QSBv7MyXnnmNOKErZRj5QMT49_fK5Hmw-jC7G-E2MnfPp7D0dkfHzB2NEF4aFSlMX7_GsyICZGM_5kmNBsPdbv8I/N9YTY_notes.txt

Got those, but they assume you are running a local radio on Asterisk,
which I am not doing at this stage.  I'm tossing up whether to put
the repeater on Asterisk or thelinkbox in the final configuration,
but I am interested in running a remote base directly on Asterisk.

>There is a bit of a "gotcha" in the new tm version, in that you can't
>disable EchoLink. Scott is adding this feature in the next couple of
>days, but I found it easier
>to just setup the Echolink info even through I had no intention of using it.

I'm using thelinkbox that Skip WB6YMH has been working on.  This also
works with chan_rtpdir. :)  I'm one of the beta testers for Skip. :)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com