[App_rpt] ACID install

Stephen Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Sun Oct 5 23:35:00 UTC 2008

Matt,

Versions installed prior to this one will need to be re-installed from
scratch. That was one of the major reasons for doing this release so
that an upgrade mechanism for asterisk could be made available. I would
recommend saving your config files in /etc/asterisk prior to doing the
upgrade, then restoring them after the update is complete and you have
run the setup script.

In the new version, Asterisk update requests can be initiated through
the use of the astupd.sh script in the /root directory

To enable echolink support, all you need is a valid echolink.conf file
in /etc/asterisk. There is a sample echolink.conf file in
/usr/src/configs/examples/echolink. This will need to be tweaked with
your callsign, node number, and location info.

The mailing lists are not searchable at this time, so unfortunately,
you'll have to manually slog through them.

Have you downloaded the ACID system administrators manual? This contains
the answers to a lot of system related questions, albeit it needs to be
updated with the echolink configuration and asterisk update procedures.

Steve
WA6ZFT

Matt Beasant wrote:
> I just built two nodes here for two repeater sites to be linked together, I
> am still searching thru the archive to learn stuff right now...
>
> I'm interested in installing the new version - how does one execute the
> upgrade please?
>
> Also, is there a way to search the archive or is it just a matter of
> trawling through the subject lists?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> 73,
> Matt G4RKY
> Nodes 2237 and 2250
>
> 2008/10/5 Eric Fort <eric.fort at gmail.com>
>
>> Though ACID has been referenced before on this list, I don't remember it
>> being defined (Allstar Centos Installation Disk).  I'd always thought of the
>> term in relation to databases.  Is this then the preferred method of setting
>> up a node?  When giving notice that a new version is available please link
>> to it:  http://dl.allstarlink.org/. (ok my mailer truncated this in the
>> original subject)  Finally how does ACID compare to Limey Linux?
>>
>> Eric
>> AF6EP
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Stephen Rodgers <
>> hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A new ACID version has been uploaded:
>>>
>>> 1. App_rpt version 0.151 supports chan_echolink and local messages
>>> 2. Screen program added
>>> 3. chan_echolink channel driver
>>> 4. Asterisk update script astupd.sh
>>>
>>> The current install iso has not been affected, but if you are in the
>>> middle of an install, it might be a good idea to start over as the
>>> scripts have changed.
>>>

>>> Steve
>>> WA6ZFT