[App_rpt] Dial-in access to remote base

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Oct 9 14:53:24 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a problem using my remote base via dial-in access to asterisk
and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it....

On my asterisk box, I'm controlling 3 nodes currently. The first (node
#21) is a UHF repeater, and the second (node #22) and third (node #23)
nodes are simplex VHF and HF remote base radios....All these nodes are
working fine, etc.

The dial-in and autopatch functions work great with my repeater node
(#21) ....But, for the remote base nodes, I can't key the rig from the SIP
phone no matter what I try! I've tried all the phone modes: dumb,
normal, simple and VOX mode from the extensions.conf.  Nothing works.

Here is a snippet of my extensions.conf:

[radio-control]
exten=21,1,Answer		; Works great!
exten=21,n,Playback,rpt/node
exten=21,n,Playback,digits/2
exten=21,n,Playback,digits/1
exten=21,n,Rpt,21|Pv

exten=22,1,Answer		; Can't key the remote base
exten=22,n,Playback,rpt/node
exten=22,n,Playback,digits/2
exten=22,n,Playback,digits/2
exten=22,n,Rpt,22|Pv

snippet of rpt.conf:

[22]
rxchannel = Radio/usb1                  ; Rx audio/signalling channel
duplex=0
remote=y
remote_inact_timeout = 0
remote_timeout = 0
remote_timeout_warning = 0
remote_timeout_warning_freq = 0
voxtimeout=5000                         ; time to let vox talk in ms
voxrecover=500                          ; time to take from vox one timed out in ms
simplexpatchdelay=5                     ; # of 20 ms frames to delay audio
simplexphonedelay=5                     ; # of 20 ms frames to delay audio

[nodes]
21 = radio at 127.0.0.1/21,NONE
22 = radio at 127.0.0.1/22,NONE,y
23 = radio at 127.0.0.1/23,NONE,y