[App_rpt] Dial-in access to remote base

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Oct 9 17:56:12 UTC 2008

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the help! I'm just about there now, I think! I added the config
statements you suggested and now I can key the remote base via '*9' and
unkey via '#'.....But this seems a bit flakey--I can get the remote base
keyed, but, it doesn't always unkey..Also, VOX mode still doesn't want to
work.

Some other observations are: I noticed that if I use simple mode, once the
remote base is keyed it won't unkey....Not really an issue to me, but, an
observation.  And, function *7 (link status) causes a seg fault--should
that happen?

Please note as I mentioned earlier that VOX, etc., works fine on the
repeater node (#21), interestingly....

Here are my current configs:

rpt.conf
--------

[22]                            ; Change this to your assigned node number
rxchannel = Radio/usb1                  ; Rx audio/signalling channel
duplex=0
remote=y
functions = functions_remote
phone_functions = functions_remote
authlevel = 0                           ; should be set to 0 or left undefined.
remote_inact_timeout = 0
remote_timeout = 0
remote_timeout_warning = 0
remote_timeout_warning_freq = 0
voxtimeout=5000                         ; time to let vox talk in ms
voxrecover=500                          ; time to take from vox one timed out in ms
simplexpatchdelay=10                    ; # of 20 ms frames to delay audio
simplexphonedelay=10                    ; # of 20 ms frames to delay audio

[functions_remote]
7=ilink,5                               ; Link status
8=status,2                              ; Time
9=cop,6   	                      ; Phone TX key

extensions.conf
----------------

[radio-control]
exten=22,1,Answer
exten=22,n,Playback,rpt/node
exten=22,n,Playback,digits/2
exten=22,n,Playback,digits/2
exten=22,n,Rpt,22|Pv

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com wrote:

> Do  you have a functions_remote stanza and is phone_functions pointing
to a  remote_functions function table? Do you have a 98=cop,6 statement in
the remote_functions stanza?

> [functions_remote]
> .
> .
> .
> 98=cop,6
>
> Finally,  is authlevel set to 0 or undefined in the node stanza? If
authlevel  is >0, you won't be able to key anything and 20 seconds later,
you'll be disconnected!