[App_rpt] Dial-in access to remote base

hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Thu Oct 9 18:41:11 UTC 2008

See below

Steve
WA6ZFT

> From: David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net>
> Date: 2008/10/09 Thu AM 10:56:12 PDT
> To: Asterisk Repeater Controler <app_rpt at lists.illiana.net>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt] Dial-in access to remote base
>

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the help! I'm just about there now, I think! I added the config
> statements you suggested and now I can key the remote base via '*9' and
> unkey via '#'.....But this seems a bit flakey--I can get the remote base
> keyed, but, it doesn't always unkey..Also, VOX mode still doesn't want to
> work.
>
> Some other observations are: I noticed that if I use simple mode, once the
> remote base is keyed it won't unkey....Not really an issue to me, but, an
> observation.  And, function *7 (link status) causes a seg fault--should
> that happen?

First off: Link status doesn't make sense on a remote base!
Remote bases are for exclusive use by one user at a time!

Key-unkey flakiness. Two things to check:

1. What happens when you configure the HF and VHF radios as a standard node (with duplex=0)? The remote base code is separate from the standard node code, and there could be a keying bug could be in the remote base code.

2. Please confirm the phone key/unkey is not flakey on your standard node.This key/unkey issue could be a SIP configuration issue.