[App_rpt] Dial-in access to remote base

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Oct 9 22:19:14 UTC 2008

...I just found something else of interest. When I copied my repeater
stanza to my original remote base nodes, I left the original CW ID audio
file specified as the object of the idrecording variable. On the asterisk
console, I'm seeing the standard "Playing 'kb4fxc.4.ulaw'" message that I
get for the repeater node on all the nodes now. And, if the remote base
(now a standard node)  is keyed, the ID is transmitted! If unkeyed, it's
not transmitted. Note that duplex=0 for these nodes. I guess I can make a
audio file of "silence" for these nodes, etc. Or, perhaps, make a correct
ID file and set duplex=1???

73, David KB4FXC