[App_rpt-users] app_rpt as a controller

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Thu Apr 16 05:28:19 UTC 2009

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) wrote:
> Hi Steve and all;
>
> Now that I have caught the controller bug, and further to my previous
> note on the same topic, I see that the USB fob and the URI's do actually
> have two audio outputs (left and right).  Further usbradio.conf can also
> be configured such that output 'A' is audio and output 'B' is the tone.
>
> This is great... my question then is whether the tone output can be
> enabled or disabled for things like the ID, courtesy tone, etc, and
> further whether the timing between the drop of PL and drop of carrier
> can be configured?
>

> Same would apply for the composite audio scenario as well.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Ramesh.

The timing of the CTCSS and carrier is configurable in usbradio.conf.
See the reference for "chicken burst".

Regarding separation of audio. There is not that much granularity in the
system. Basically, the voice band information (voice, courtesy tones,
ID's, etc.) is all lumped together, and the CTCSS subaudible tone can
only be split off. To do what you are asking for would be a major
architectural change.

Steve
WA6ZFT