[App_rpt-users] Problem with HF remote

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Thu Apr 16 23:29:45 UTC 2009

OK, figured out the FM problem. The docs were'nt clear on needing to include
an offset, and that it is 1, 2, or 3, but stared at the source long enough
and figured that out.

Last remaining problem is setting the offset, I enter a freq like 443.675 +
as *1443*675*1 (or 2 or 3) and the freq sets.to FM mode, but offset does not
set.

PL setting, I can command pl receive, transmit oin off, but it doesn't
actually set the radio, voice telemetry says that it does, however. Same for
setting PL freq.

Lastly, does the remote send a serial command for transmit? *79, am mode for
antenna tuner keys the rig, nothing else does.

What I keep finding is that most of what I'm missing is in the source, but
exact commands and/or syntax is what I'm missing. I've looked over Xipar,
ACID, QVRC, etc googled it and just cannot find the right stuff. So if
someone can direct me to it, I'll be a happy camper.

I've also modified the source for 0-30 mhz, and 30-56, 108-138 AM, 140-164
FM, 420-470, etc. Nice for monitoring. The vox action is fine on the remote
rx, is there a way to adjust that? I figure some way to make use of rxnoise
and rxsquelch might do it.

The transmit thing is puzzling.

I guess if I were a programmer it would be easier to chase it all through
app_rpt.c

Oh and I'm using the most recent version .999 from about 8 weeks ago

GeorgeC

George J Csahanin
Director of Engineering and Operations
LIN TV Corp.