[App_rpt-users] more on FT897 remote

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Fri Apr 17 02:45:27 UTC 2009

Just did some more investigating.

I can control frequency and mode now, just fine.

Can't control PL on/off, PL Freq, repeater offset (I thought that worked from preset channels in rpt.conf, but it was auto repeater offset doing that)

And then the PTT. I'll guess I can usbfob that PTT, like I did the UHF node radio. But when I discovered that the AM tune (*79) (case 119) put it into transmit, I figured that was the PTT mode select, over a serial port command (0x88, or was it 0x08...one's on one's off). I see PTT Off in the source, not on. So just need that clarfied.

I can hook the radio up to HamradioDeluxe and it controls fine.

Are there any serial port controls, parity, stop bits, word length, etc? That could impact this somehow.

My rpt.conf remote stanza, bold ones work, others readback as though they worked (double beep or speech) but have no effect on the radio:

0=remote,1 ; Retrieve Memory MM  (*000-*099) (Gets memory from rpt.conf)
1=remote,2 ; Set freq. VFO MMMMM*KKK*O   (Mhz digits, Khz digits, Offset)
2=remote,3 ; Set tx PL tone PL Tone HHH*D*
3=remote,4 ; Set rx PL tone
40=remote,100 ; Rx PL off
41=remote,101 ; Rx PL on
42=remote,102 ; Tx PL off
43=remote,103 ; Tx PL on
44=remote,104 ; Low Power
45=remote,105 ; Medium Power
46=remote,106 ; High Power
711=remote,107 ; Bump 20
714=remote,108 ; Bump 100
717=remote,109 ; Bump 500
713=remote,110 ; Bump +20
716=remote,111 ; Bump +100
719=remote,112 ; Bump +500
721=remote,113 ; Scan slow
724=remote,114 ; Scan quick
727=remote,115 ; Scan fast
723=remote,116 ; Scan + slow
726=remote,117 ; Scan + quick
729=remote,118 ; Scan + fast
79=remote,119 ; Tune (brief AM transmission for automatic
                ;antenna tuner)
51=remote,5 ; Long status query
52=remote,140 ; Short status query
67=remote,210 ; Send a *
69=remote,211 ; Send a #
6=remote,6                              ; Set mode

The Yaesu Opcodes that don't function are all over 0x08