[App_rpt-users] echolink config help

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sat Aug 22 15:31:13 UTC 2009

Todd Birkenholtz wrote:
> I have been working on this for weeks and am getting nowhere.
>
> This is what I would like to accomplish.
> I have no need at this point to link two repeaters together via IRLP or via
> an IAX Allstarlink my goal is to allow our club's repeater with an Echolink
> node connect to Asterisk via Echolink.
> Since I will be acting as a pure  voip gateway I will not be using the usb
> driver or connect directly to an radio.
>
> After our club repeater connects to my Echolink node I would like to greet
> the station with a welcome message and request a DTMF password. After they
> provide the password I would like to provide a dial tone to be used as a
> autopatch.
> On the flip side I would like to provide a dial-in phone number on my
> Asterisk system that would connect my Echolink node with our clubs repeater
> node after the dial-in user provides a password.
>
> I am quite conffient I can do the Asterisk dial-plans I just need some
> assistance with the rpt integration.
>

> I was wondering if someone would share their config files to help me get
> started in the right direction.
>
> Thanks and 73
>
> Todd Birkenholtz W0IOU

What you are asking for would require code changes to app_rpt
and use of an IAX/allstar and not an Echolink connection.

VOIP connections are radio connections are treated differently in
app_rpt and echolink connections and they cannot be manipulated using
extension logic. All incoming echolink connections go directly to the
echolink channel driver.

The app_rpt code does not support greeting incoming connections
(echolink, irlp, or allstar) with a password on standard nodes.

Echolink connections are inherently half duplex, and useless for
carrying an autopatch call. The radio connection would have to be
IAX2/allstar to support a remote autopatch, and if this is the case,
then you'd have to have asterisk installed at the repeater and replace
the echolink software. (Probably what you are trying to avoid).

Steve
WA6ZFT