[App_rpt-users] Location of source code for usbradio.c and xpmr bits please ?

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Thu Jul 2 13:03:15 UTC 2009

While not a complete how-to guide, I did do a short write up on my website
earlier this year for compiling it under Debian Etch, I have updated the
scripts for Lenny, but haven't taken the chance to update my wiki yet:

http://www.k1lnx.net/wiki/index.php/App_RPT/TIARA

This will take a plain vanilla Debian Lenny install and install
Asterisk/APP_RPT, Echolink, etc.

As Steve pointed out, the best thing to do is look at the install scripts
that ship with the ACID distribuition if you want to tweak things or compile
it under another flavor of linux, this is what I based my own scripts off
of. You can see all of the files here:

http://dl.allstarlink.org/installcd/

Hope that helps.... 73
Stephen
K1LNX

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:27 AM, Steve Zingman <szingman at informx.com> wrote:

> MW0CQU wrote:
> > Hmmm..... I sympathise about the fork!, but nevertheless its a damned
> > shame :-/
> >
> > Well..... my dilema is quite simple - I can't run another PC in the
> > house for economic / environmental / fan noise / RF noise / CoWC (*)
> > reasons ( theres allready 6 running 24/7!! plus at least 4 others ,
> > plus windows mobile devices )
> >
> > However, I do have a second stand alone Linux server not running
> > asterisk in the same DMZ, but theres so much else going
> > on with that box (apache / proftpd / terrabyte+ NAS, virtualisation,
> > webcams, skype gateway, and so on )
> > that theres no way  I  can trash it and reinstall  ACID - WAYYY too
> > much work.
> >
> > Is there a "build from scratch" readme in the SVN checkout please ? I
> > just want to ensure I have the "make" order right
> >
> > Anyone had any success running ACID with a USB sound fob under
> > virtualisation ? I know other asterisk distros had
> > sound stability problems running virtualised?
> >
> I'm running a hub (Node 2100) under VMWare ESX with no problems.
> I have no sound hardware on the VM, so I can't comment on sound issues.
> It's running on Debian 5.0 (Lenny)
>
> For a "roll your own" readme, I would suggest a place to start is the
> ACID scripts.
> I'll be out of town for a few weeks. When I get back I'll post my
> install script for Debian.
>
> 73, Steve N4IRS

Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX
Johnson City, TN EM86