[App_rpt-users] Packages in Limey Linux D201GLY2

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Sat Jul 4 17:13:29 UTC 2009

Dale J. Robertson wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to use socat on my LL box as a remote virtual com port for
> a windows application controlling my Kenwood TS2K (in addition to
> iax-rpt). The pre-built CF image does not appear to include the socat
> binaries.
> Do I just edit the socat line in the d201gly2-buildroot.config file
> (despite the do not edit warning)
> to include it in a new image build?
> Also, the readme file makes reference to a PACKAGES file that includes
> all the packages in a build. I have been unable to locate this file.
> 73
> Dale NV8U

May I suggest an alternate plan of attack?

Limey linux has a C compiler built in. As long as ./configure passes for
socat, then you can compile it on the target machine, and install it in
/usr/local/sbin or /usr/local/bin. Do a svcfg to save the contents of
/usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin so it comes back across power cycles.

This will not work if your package requires things like perl, c++, tcl,
or python. There is only bare-bones development abilities available
(just enough to install Asterisk and Zaptel).

Steve
WA6ZFT