[App_rpt-users] Connection to speaker output

Stephen Rodgers sales at qrvc.com
Mon Jun 29 01:21:04 UTC 2009

Bill Scholey wrote:
> I can't see the forest for the trees....  or similar!!!
>
> I'm new to app_rpt and in the process of installing (learning) the
> hardware and software..starting with something simple I thought..  This
> is for remote base not a repeater.
>
> I have the DMK URI and the XIPAR distro installed. When using IAXRPT I
> don't hear any receive audio.. transmit is fine both through the client
> and CLI..  For example *80 I can hear the cw id both on the client and
> over the air.  I am using the speaker conx on an IC28H wired to Mic-in
> (Pin 9) on the URI. I believe the wiring is ok because I move the URI to
> a Windows system and using MMVARI I can see waterfall activity when
> listening on the APRS freq.  I don't have test equipment unfortunately.
>   Using my best 1000Hz whistle on a handheld  I got rxvoice to
> "success"??. I've tweaked various settings in usbradio.conf (ie
> rxdemod=speaker) but still no joy.
>
> Now it's probably something obvious but what???  Like I say it's hidden
> in the forest somewhere..  So any clues for the clueless would be
> appreciated.
>
> Bill ve7qc

The following may or may not apply for a xipar distro. This
list primarily fields ACID and Limey Linux questions. It wouldn't hurt
to ask the same question over there.

--
For Acid and Limey, this is usually caused by not changing the default
configuration from CTCSS to carrier squelch.

You probably have txtone and txtone uncommented in usbradio.conf.
Comment them out like this:

;rxctcssfreqs=100.0
;txctcssfreqs=100.0

Also make sure that ctcssfrom=no

Restart asterisk when these changes are made to usbradio.conf
You might want to check the xipar website for details about how to do this.

Second, what you want is probably not a remote base, but a simplex node.
Remote bases are remotely tunable, simplex nodes are always on the same
frequency.

Steve
WA6ZFT