[App_rpt-users] Installing Asterisk/Allstar by hand

James Nessen nessenj at jimsoffice.org
Tue Nov 3 02:52:06 UTC 2009

Hi Tony,

The last time I ran asterisk on my Xen based VPS, I installed the asterisk
and asterisk sources packages (ubuntu).  Then with that, I re-compiled
asterisk with the app_rpt bits in it.   Had no issues with it and it was
easy to maintain.

(Oops, I also installed the libpri and zaptel packages).

As long as you heave the kernel sources available to you, I don't see any
issues compiling it by hand.

Jim, K6JWN