[App_rpt-users] Dyn DNS client

Carl Swanson engineercarl at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 06:19:56 UTC 2009

Hello all...

I am slowly building up node 2391 as a remote base, and I am wondering what all of you (that have dynamic IP addresses) do for updating your IP address against a static hostname. I use a Custom DNS service from DynDNS.

Are you mostly relying on a hardware router/firewall to update IP addresses, or is there something embedded in the Allstar network structure that maintains a database of updated IP addresses?

I will probably have a lot more questions, but these will do for now.

73,

Carl, K6CRS