[App_rpt-users] Node not registering

hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Thu Oct 29 19:27:11 UTC 2009

> From: Doug Bade <kd8b at thebades.net>
> Date: 2009/10/29 Thu AM 11:49:31 PDT
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] Node not registering
>
> I finally have my repeater on site and running and connected through
> a Untangle firewall and am not getting my node to show as being
> received on the node list. I can ping the registry domain (
> allstarlink.org) so basic connectivity seems ok... and I have what
> appears to be the correct line un commented and what looks to be
> properly formatted but no update....I must be missing something...
>
> Do I need a hole in the firewall for the registry??? I have one for SIP.. 4569
>

> from my iax.conf file
>
> register=A2235:xxxxxx at register.allstarlink.org
> where xxxxxx = my password....
>
> from my rpt.conf file
>
> statpost_program=/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null
>
> statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates
>
> is uncommented....
>
> I am not seeing what is wrong..
>
> Help ??
>
> Doug
> KD8B

There should be a be a forward statement for port 4569 in your firewall directing the external port 4569 on your public IP to an internal private IP hosting the node.

Just to make sure your router is not playing games with source port numbers, I forced registration for node 2235 to always user port 4569.

FYI: Although not needed for ACID, SIP should be port 5060 plus udp ports 10000-20000

Steve
WA6ZFT