[App_rpt-users] Node Disconnect

Ron Phillips AA7RP at cox.net
Sat Jul 17 18:05:08 UTC 2010

No, it's not a matter of the IP address changing, that hasn't happened.
It's hard to pin down exactly what is causing the short loss of Internet
connectivity since it usually occurs in the middle of the night.

The computer is located at a mountaintop site and is linked to the Internet
through a 5.8 GHz link to a house with Cox service.  When I check the
wireless transceiver logs, they don't register any kind of event that would
indicate a loss of connection.  In fact, even though the path is about 14
miles, there is a very strong signal, well above the noise floor.  Now it's
possible that there's an interruption of the Cox service, but there's no
obvious indication of that.

I have another node that I'll link to the mountaintop node today and see if
it's dropped in the middle of the night.  It's located at a different site,
also on Cox.

Ron, AA7RP

  _____