[App_rpt-users] another question: receive level from connected nodes

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Dec 5 18:10:51 UTC 2011

Been digging through the archives...and haven't found an answer to this,
so I thought I'd throw it out to discussion...

I have 4 nodes connected up to a local hub.  All the levels are set
properly (own an oldish service monitor, so...can see the modulation
levels of the ctcss and voice nicely.  Local wideband nodes are set for
3.2K w/650 hz ctcss (except for the narrowband 900, which totals out
around 2.7k.

Now...when the audio comes in from the net I'm connected to,
however...the modulation is a lot louder; peaking up to 5K.  (my node is
connected to another hub node, so, in essence, we have 2 back to back
hubs, one taking care of central NJ, mine dealing with eastern PA.)

Just wondering...how to set the level so the inbound audio from the
networked nodes is a little less...um...'sprightly'.

Would this be handled in my usbradio_tune_usbhubnode.conf thru
radio-tune-menu or...somewhere else?

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.