[App_rpt-users] IC-706 Remote Base - kinda working!

Neil Addis (WA5JXY) wa5jxy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 16:37:23 UTC 2011

Finally figured out why the IC-706 wasn't talking to app_rpt.

In the rpt.conf, it states the civaddr= should be a 2 digit HEX #,
when actually it has to be a 2 digit DECIMAL #.
The default is 88 DECIMAL, the 706 shows 58H on the display. When you
convert 58H to dec it is 88.

I made a note to Jim so he knows to update the documentation.

Everything is working FB now, other than it refuses to accept FM mode
from radioinit=, memory, or direct entry.
Waiting to hear back from Jim if it is a bug in the code that tells
the 706 to go to FM or what it could be.
I checked all the settings in the 706.
Other modes work fine.

Now back to other stuff...

Thanks for everyone's responses.
I'll write up a FAQ on how to get it all working once I am done.