[App_rpt-users] Echolink Link Status

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Jan 20 15:16:19 UTC 2011

On 1/20/11 9:55 AM, K&R Yoksh wrote:
> Hello,
> My apologies if this has been covered.. I searched the archives this
> morning before posting..
> I'm just getting my Echolink node connected, and curious if it's
> possible to report my node to Echolink's Link Status screen?
> http://www.echolink.org/links.jsp
> Thanks.. 73,
> Kyle
> K0KN
I'm thinking not, since the verbiage at the bottom of the page says:
"The table above shows information collected during the past several
minutes from EchoLink "sysop" stations (those with a -L or -R suffix).
The only stations shown are those which are *running EchoLink version
1.6 * or above, and have entered location information on the RF Info tab
of Sysop Settings."

We're not running Echolink software...so, while we're able to register
our nodes, I'm thinking that the Echolink mother ship is studiously
ignoring, for the sake of display, alternative software that speaks
their language.

Hey, it's free as in beer, fwiw.  Not saying they shouldn't, but, that
would seem to be the most logical explanation...because I'm sure that
trying to support a published API for every version of off-brand, so to
speak, software that wants to talk to their server is probably not going
to happen any time soon.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.