[App_rpt-users] My first post and a real newbie question

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Mon Jul 4 10:16:26 UTC 2011

Hi Everybody,

I'm busy finalising my AllStarLink node 27871 . It's going to be a
simplex (for now) node with the future potential to be linked to my
local 70cm repeater.

I am finding one little problem that I can't seem to solve. I have set
duplex in usbradio.conf to zero (0) and duplex in rpt.conf to one (1),
but as soon as my node radio receives a transmission, it keys up
straight away... over the incoming transmission, almost as if it is
still configured for duplex mode. This makes it real hard to enter any
DTMF codes. (-: Where should be I looking to solve this?

I am handling CTCSS (both TX and RX) in the node radio itself (I am
using a Simoco SRM9000 VHF commercial radio). I have a low going logic
level that has been tied to the radios "valid signal" flag which is set
to CTCSS 107.2Hz, this is fed to the COS input on my URI. The audio
output from the radio is squelched, highpass filtered and de-emphasised.

I have set carrierfrom=usb and ctcssfrom=no, I think this then disables
CTCSS decoding within the computer.  Does this also disable transmitting
CTCSS? I have set txmixa=voice which I presume also stops CTCSS from
being output from the URI.

I look forward to hearing from you all... via the email list and on air too!

Michael
VK5ZEA