[App_rpt-users] Serial/Parrallel interface

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Oct 2 13:52:33 UTC 2011

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 22:09:18 Carl Davies wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> Carl M1ELR here, I noticed in a post a few days ago there was mention of
> using the Parallel port for PTT or COR, is this possible?
>
> I currently run my node using the Centos install package from the Allstar
> site but can change to the install version from Xipar if needed.
>
> I have without success been buying sound fobs to build a new interface and
> now have a drawer full of USB fobs that I can't mod, if the I/O wasn't via
> the USB sound fob that would make life so much easier as the CM108 seems to
> be getting harder to source.

Hello,

What is the problem with those USB fobs?  Is it that they are epoxy blobbed?

If they are packaged chips, is it because they are not CM108?  What chip are
they?  Please post the vendor ID/Product ID info.  I have been working with
CM108 compatible chips- maybe I can contribute something useful here.

73,

Andrew
ZL3AME