[App_rpt-users] Female Voice too loud

Jesse Royall w5los at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 01:28:14 UTC 2011

You are correct Steve. I tried both and got the results you expected. Muddy audio when I was on Flat. But I changed the jumper in the radio back from Flat and it cleared the audio back up.
It didn't throw the audios but here is what I think happened.

During the initial install I setup from the web my conf files. And downloaded to machine when prompted. Setup radio according to Allstar FAQ for de-emp audio on a moto.
Built the machine with usbradio.conf. I had really LOW audio and went in and cranked up the levels using tune-radio-menu.
Got it working. Then when I listened to the audio from the other end it had a stutter problem. It would start stuttering and then clear up. But the audio levels were low.
Went back to the web after asking a few about what I was experiencing and was told to use simpleusb.conf.
This cleared up my audio dramtically. BUT, she was too loud and over driving my radio now. No processing being done like usbradio.conf does.
running tune-radio-menu gave me errors and I was not able to adjust them anymore.
Somehow missed in the manual that told me that I needed to run the simpleusb-tune-menu to adjust the audio.
Now that Tim shared the missed command, I can now setup the audio levels of the sound card. So far so peachy...
Except my Chinese radio and its DTMF isn't so good. and tends to drop the COS on the link radio.

Thanks for the help. I knew to use de-emp audio but tried FLAT just in case to eliminate anything I was missing. When posted I was just trying to get the levels down and fix the audio later as I knew that part was in the radio.