[App_rpt-users] Debugging COS

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Feb 12 12:57:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 21:34:21 Jim Whiteside wrote:
> > Assuming COS is connected to the Volume Down pin on the CM108 then how
>
> about
>
> > plugging the fob into another PC which is not running the Asterisk
> > drivers and see if the volume control is affected when COS is asserted?
> >
> > On my PC, if I press volume down, either on the keyboard or on an
>
> unmodified
>
> > USB sound fob then a volume bar pops up in the centre of the screen.
> > It's very visible.
> >
> > Naturally, there may be a 'correct' way to do this with some sort of
>
> built-in
>
> > diagnostics...
> >
> > 73,
> >
> > Andrew
> > ZL3AME
>
> That's a good plan.
>
> So I take an unmodified fob, that does have volume buttons on, and plug it
> into a PC. 'volume down' button does indeed trigger the windows volume bar.
> But this fob and button don't do anything on Asterisk.
>
> My modified fob - taking pin 48 to gnd also triggers the volume down on
> Windows, so that suggests it's not hardware?

That suggests it's not hardware to me too.

I'm not at all familiar with Asterisk.  I only joined this group to learn
about the modifications of the USB Sound fobs for another project, sorry.
Sounds like a configuration error, but I don't know the most efficient way to
track it down.

73,

Andrew
ZL3AME