[App_rpt-users] Noisy Quad PCI audio

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:46:42 UTC 2012

I guess you could always apply a 1:1 600 Ohm isolation transformer. You can even
get one of those at Radio Shack (still).

JIM

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:44:52 -0600
From: kd0eav at gmail.com
To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Noisy Quad  PCI audio

    I've had issues like that before with those VIA boards - it wasn't
    running the PCI card (it was [past tense] actually an IRLP node)...
    I never did succeed at eliminating the noise - even swapping the
    power supply didn't change much. Just having the PC hooked up to the
    contoller was enough for the noise to appear - I didn't even need to
    bridge the audio over.

    73

    - Jeremy, KD0EAV