[App_rpt-users] Node radio

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Wed Mar 21 17:48:04 UTC 2012

On 3/21/12 1:26 PM, Doug Bade wrote:
> I would suspect any radio with a packet jack can be used.
>
> Packet data input is equivalent to raw unprocessed TX audio
>
> PTT is PTT
>
> Ground is Ground
>
> 9600 packet data out would be RX discriminator audio
>
> Squelch is COR but not needed.
>

> You will probably need to tailor the audio in Allstar to get the audio
> sounding right with tx pre-emphasis etc..

I agree.

Having these ports on the back of a radio, such as the Alincos, makes it
about a 10 minute job to configure, either as a repeater (if you have 2
of them...) or as a simplex node.  Stupid simple, in fact.  When my
Micor was down for the count and out for repair last year...strung 2
alincos together, configured them for data, locked them on the proper
frequencies, built the cable, ran radio-tune-menu, kicked the power on
the one I was using for xmt down to 5w out to feed the amp...shazam, it
was up and operational for 5 months without a hiccup.

Do the COR in software, hook up the PTT, audio out of one, audio in to
the other, ctcss in asterisk.  Could not have been simpler.

Next project on the plate...figuring out if I can interface the
remoterig radio control extender set up to asterisk.
--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.