[App_rpt-users] no PTT when simplusb selected.

David Kierzkowski dave_k_420 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 22:40:08 UTC 2012

tried it - didn't help
i diffed the entire etc dir between the 2 configs portal pushed configs.
rpt.conf rxchannel value and the presence of radiousb.conf are the only
things that change.
so i renamed a copy of radiousb.conf to simpleusb.conf and changed the
rpt.conf to point to it... and it still does not work!? Something else
is going on in asterisk that i cant figure out
this is the asterisk verbose output when i key and keyup the java client
if it helps

Node Variable dump for node 28522:
   RPT_NUMLINKS=1
   RPT_LINKS=1,TKD8EYF
   RPT_NUMALINKS=1
   RPT_ALINKS=1,KD8EYFTK
   RPT_ETXKEYED=1
   RPT_RXKEYED=1
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
   RPT_TXKEYED=0
    -- 8 variables
Node Variable dump for node 28522:
   RPT_NUMLINKS=1
   RPT_LINKS=1,TKD8EYF
   RPT_NUMALINKS=1
   RPT_ALINKS=1,KD8EYFTU
   RPT_ETXKEYED=1
   RPT_RXKEYED=1
   RPT_AUTOPATCHUP=0
   RPT_TXKEYED=0
    -- 8 variables
    -- Hungup 'Zap/pseudo-991844848'

On 5/3/2012 6:12 PM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> Take out one of the usb stanzas in simpleusb.conf and then check your rpt.conf for a matching rxchannel
>
> ie, either
>
> rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb
>
> or
>
> rxchannel = SimpleUSB/usb28522
>
> depending which you leave in simpleusb.conf
>
> --
> Tim
> :wq
>
> On May 3, 2012, at 2:43 PM, David Kierzkowski wrote:
>
>> Also i am currently using
>>
>> carrierfrom=no
>> ctcssfrom=no
>> for the below config was jsut from trying to find a working combination
>> when posted the first msg..
>>

>> On 5/3/2012 5:33 PM, David Kierzkowski wrote:
>>> I have a ACID install with URIx connected to a icom v8000. Want to setup
>>> as a simple repeater. Through the portal when setting the interface to
>>> simpleusb, no PTT will work, but i can hear recieved audio.
>>> if i setup the interface as usbradio (i dont want / radio is doing
>>> ctcss/ speak level audio ) then the radio will PTT and pass
>>> overmodulated audio (as expected) but no RX audio will pass.
>>>
>>> i have a feeling theres a config issue with simpleusb.conf.. do u guys
>>> see anything? I dont know why it creates the [usb] device stanza. Also
>>> while in the simple_tune_usb.sh i can see and set the RX levels properly
>>> and manually flash the PTT.
>>>
>>> [general]
>>>
>>> [usb]
>>>
>>> hdwtype=0
>>> rxboost=1
>>> txboost=1
>>> carrierfrom=dsp
>>> ctcssfrom=dsp
>>> txmixa=composite
>>> txmixb=0
>>> invertptt=0
>>> duplex=1
>>> rxondelay=0
>>> eeprom=0
>>>
>>> [usb28522]
>>>
>>> hdwtype=0
>>> rxboost=0
>>> txboost=1
>>> carrierfrom=usb
>>> ctcssfrom=usb
>>> txmixa=voice
>>> txmixb=no
>>> invertptt=0
>>> duplex=0
>>> rxondelay=1
>>> eeprom=0
>>>

>>> and here is simpleusb_tune_usb28522.conf
>>> [usb28522]
>>> ; name=usb28522
>>> ; devicenum=2
>>> devstr=4-4