[App_rpt-users] Node behind a NAT router

S. Scott 8f27e956 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 23:26:02 UTC 2012

Ramesh, NAT, issues can be complex set of variables, which is why I
suggested we talk on air.  That said, here are the key sip parameters
for traversing nat..

sip.conf

[general]
canreinvite=nonat
nat=yes
localnet = <net ip of node>.     ; typically something like
192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

One of either
externalip = <ip address>.    ; this is your ISP provided ip address
on the outside edge of the firewall.
-or-
externalhost = <fully qualified dns host name>. ; e.g. mynode.mydomain.ca

Cheers,
/Scott VE3ZTZ
—————
iThing:  Big thumbs & little keys. Please excuse typo, spelling and
grammar errors • Good planets are hard to find – think before you
print • My desire to be well-informed is currently at odds with my
desire to remain sane. • Last night I played a blank CD at full blast.
The Mime next door went nuts.