[App_rpt-users] Echolink setup

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Sat Sep 1 01:58:10 UTC 2012

I found those echlink servers to not work...here's what I use:

server1=server1.echolink.org
server2=server2.echolink.org
server3=server3.echolink.org

And number two seems to be flaky to connect to.

They appear to pretty much resolve to the same places, but for some reason the original host names don't work for me...

Also, to eliminate the idiots from el-land with drive by connects at 3AM my time I have a restriction to only allow connects to certain callsigns.
I was getting tired of 10 second connects from parts of teh world that won't talk to me on 20M, but will take the time to annoy me on echolink.

mine:

permit=kb8niv,wb5cey,n5jgx-r,n5jgx,n5jgx-l,w2db,w2db-l,w8vt,w8vt-r,wa2fwj,w2vfw,w2lei,wb2ijn,wa2mct,wa2mct-l,wa2mct-r

Keeps things nice and quiet, except when one of the permitted stations starts talking to himself at midnight...

GeorgeC
W2DB
2360
2428