[App_rpt-users] Echolink setup

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 02:55:02 UTC 2012

already fix-ed thanks

From: george at dyb.com
To: wolthuis at gmail.com; app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 21:58:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Echolink setup

I found those echlink servers to not work...here's
what I use:

server1=server1.echolink.org
server2=server2.echolink.org
server3=server3.echolink.org

And number two seems to be flaky to connect to.

They appear to pretty much resolve to the same
places, but for some reason the original host names don't work for
me...

Also, to eliminate the idiots from el-land with
drive by connects at 3AM my time I have a restriction to only allow
connects to certain callsigns.
I was getting tired of 10 second connects from
parts of teh world that won't talk to me on 20M, but will take the time to annoy
me on echolink.

mine:

permit=kb8niv,wb5cey,n5jgx-r,n5jgx,n5jgx-l,w2db,w2db-l,w8vt,w8vt-r,wa2fwj,w2vfw,w2lei,wb2ijn,wa2mct,wa2mct-l,wa2mct-r

Keeps things nice and quiet, except when one of the
permitted stations starts talking to himself at midnight...

GeorgeC
W2DB
2360
2428