[App_rpt-users] Using MDC1200 as Telemetry?

Pyrodox Lion pyrodox at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:51:29 UTC 2012

Hello,

I've got a repeater up and running with a URIx/Asterisk/App_Rpt/ACID
combination...  I'm getting into features that I wanted to run the setup
for now, but I'm new to all the code in Asterisk.

I'm wondering if I can do this:

Upon receipt of an MDC1200 packet, namely the Unit ID, copy the Unit ID
to a variable...  Next, as the receiver should be receiving a valid
signal and providing the COR signal to the URIx to accept the packet in
the first place, and a transmission should be occurring, wait for the
transmission to end, and when the COR drops from the receiving radio,
encode an MDC1200 packet with the variable of the Unit ID originally set
when the system received an MDC1200 packet.

I'd like to use this as a type of telemetry, where the repeater will
send out the MDC1200 Unit ID of the radio which keyed it on the last
transmission upon unkey.

I was also wondering if you would be able to keep the system in a
non-repeating state, until it received a valid MDC1200 packet.  I've
gotten the [mdcmacro] clause to issue a COP 2 and take it out of the COP
3 system disabled state...  However the system remains enabled and I
don't know how to disable it again upon unkey.  I've also noticed the
MDC Macro will only run the first time a packet is received...
Afterwards it simply ignores the MDC Macro whenever it receives a
matching packet.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.