[App_rpt-users] Using MDC1200 as Telemetry?

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Fri Sep 14 01:37:22 UTC 2012

Hi Pyrodox,

MDC Access mode (squelch) is possible, as well as Macro switching and
MDC Status usage, to made detection over the air harder. This will keep
the RX quiet until a listed code is received *every time*, including
commands! So you can't sneak DTMF stuff in under the covers.

In /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf:
dtmfkey = yes

[mdcmacro]
; Access List when in MDC mode
I0001 = K5678  ; MDC ID 0001 will equate to 5678 DTMF code, works with
dtmfkey above
;
; MDC ID's used for Macro switching (example macro commands)
;
IA001 = *851  ; Macro 1 - Normal Mode, Link Off, Long Tail, PL Access
IA002 = *852  ; Macro 2 - System Disable
IA003 = *853  ; Macro 3 - Remote Base up monitor only, PL Access, Short Tail
IA004 = *854  ; Macro 4 - Remote Base up transceive, MDC Access, Short Tail
IA005 = *855  ; Macro 5 - Remote Base up transceive, PL Access, Short
Tail - Net only
;
; MDC Status
;
S0001-1 = *851;
S0001-2 = *852;
S0001-3 = *853;
S0001-4 = *854;
S0001-5 = *855;

[dtmfkeys]      ; listing of MDC1200 ID's in /tmp/mdc.log file
5678=KT9AC

Hope this helps!
Tony