[App_rpt-users] Monitoring an allstar node?

Michael Graff explorer at flame.org
Sat Sep 22 02:23:16 UTC 2012

I wonder if there are any design docs floating around about app_rpt...  The code is just a bit more than confusing :)

When I watch through the manager interface, I see things like this for all incoming calls:

Event: Newchannel
Privilege: call,all
Channel: Zap/pseudo-267404033
State: Rsrvd
CallerIDNum: <unknown>
CallerIDName: <unknown>
Uniqueid: 1348279997.22

The CallerIDNum and CallerIDName are not set here.  I was sort of hoping I would end up with the node that keyed up, and perhaps even the call sign if they are connected using a net transceiver.  I'd be satisfied with just the node...

However, while a new pseudo channel is created when someone keys up, I am not sure how the internal call flow really works.  I do see some IAX-layer control messages passing around, so I assume the IAX call is from the app_rpt module to the remote's app_rpt module.  I'm just wishing the caller ID information could also travel through this IAX bridge, so we could know who specifically is calling when we get a new channel created.

Alternatively, app_rpt could generate an event when it starts showing audio with the node number it comes from, if this were passed through the IAX2 channel.  Ideally, again, it would just append its node to the path, so if node 1234 connected to 9876, and 4444 connected to 9876, a transmitter on 1234 would be seen on 4444 as:  1234 9876

--Michael