[App_rpt-users] Configuration of multiple nodes

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sun Sep 23 03:17:20 UTC 2012

On 22/09/2012 10:50 PM, Matthew Pitts wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I will be using the ACID installation cd to set up my first permanent AllStar Link server and am wondering how to configure the system so that the hub node and its three branch nodes come up connected from the beginning. I have been running a single node in a virtual machine off and on for about a month now and uave most of the parts ready to do the live system. Feel free to give suggestions; I'm willing to learn the best way to do things, even though I've been around Linux almost 18 years.

<-- In the node stanza in rpt.conf add the following:

startup_macro=*5100

Then edit or create a new [macro] stanza - example:

[macro]
100 = *912329#

In this example, the node @ start-up will call macross 100; macro 100
creates a permanent link to node 2329.  Since you want to link to 3
branch nodes, you can add multiple nodes in the macro - e.g:

100 = *912329*911200*911300#

HTH.

Cheers,

Ramesh.