[App_rpt-users] allmon.ini - not resolving hostnames?

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Wed Aug 28 00:49:50 UTC 2013

Hi All;

I have allmon running on a couple of my systems.  On one of my
reflectors, I show activity from a remote system (where the remote is
also running allmon).

Recently, I discovered that on my reflector, the activity from the
remote is no longer being displayed.

After a bit of digging, I found that if I specify an IP address for
'host=x.x.x.x' then it works fine.  However, if I enter a hostname,
allmon doesn't seem to resolve the hostname and I get an 'unable to
connect' error message.

If I ping or telnet the hostname from a shell command, it resolves to
the correct address, confirming that DNS resolution is working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ramesh.