[App_rpt-users] PCI cards

Benjamin L. Naber Benjamin at kb9lfz.com
Wed Dec 4 05:31:53 UTC 2013

I have played with PLRI and USB control, however I'm looking to make
things.... more internal so to speak.

I like the idea of using the PCI slot as it will have 5V and instead of
having a bunch of wires everywhere, most will stay inside the box.

Can I just buy a DMK or whomever URI? Yes. Do I want to? No.

Can I hack the motherboard and stuff some stuff inside the node case?
Sure.

However, I like the idea to have have PTT, AUX and whatever controls on
one board inside the case, bring some "dummy light" LEDS to the front of
the case and whatever else I may want to do.

ideas are appreciated.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ