[App_rpt-users] Question regarding interfacing to a Kenwood Nextedge Repeater NXR-710/810

Mike/W5JR w5jr.lists at att.net
Mon Dec 30 19:20:45 UTC 2013

Don/Lu, I'm also using the duplex=3 setting and local repeat on my main node as I always have a talkback monitor receiver going (and am able to hear duplex barge-ins).  Having operated full duplex mobile since the late 60's, I can't imagine not being duplex - I even set up the local club's 2m repeater with 927 MHz talkback.  None of my current repeaters have an internal "switchable" repeat path, so I'm of little help there.  My "local" controller is one of the NHRC-4 controllers, modified to keep the port 2 RX audio (and telemetry audio)  from directly feeding the port 2 TX. Unfortunately, DTMF mute has to be disabled on the -4, so that might deter others from using this method.  In my case I'm on 900 MHz, so not as many folks are "listening".

tnx
Mike Roden / W5JR
Mgr - Five Jug Ranch