[App_rpt-users] iaxrpt

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Dec 31 19:14:11 UTC 2013

iaxrpt needs to be setup in both iax.conf and extensions.conf in your Allstar cnfiguration. Then in your windows iaxrpt accounts. Here is my setup...

In iax.conf stanza for iaxrpt (set the password) -

[iaxrpt]
user=iaxrpt
type=user
context=radio-iaxrpt
auth=md5
secret=xxxxxxx  ; *** Important! Change this!!!
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
transfer=no

and my extensions.conf stanza -

[radio-iaxrpt]

exten=27225,1,Rpt,27225|X
exten=29014,1,Rpt,29014|X
exten=29015,1,Rpt,29015|X

I have three nodes so there are extensions for each.

And my iaxrpt accounts based on the above -

Account name: node number
Host:  the IP address or domain name of your Allstar system
Username: iaxrpt
Password:  the password you assigned in iax.conf

I select duplex and in codecs I prefer ulaw and allow gsm and ulaw.

I setup additional accounts for the other nodes just changing the node number
in the account.

You can only run one iaxrpt application at a time in windows but you can switch back and forth freely between your nodes.

The host setting is the local IP address of your Allstar system in your own lan if your are using  this locally.
If you are using it remotely out on the Internet then it has to be your public IP or domain name. You also
need port 4569 forwarded to you Allstar computer.

Hope that helps.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

73 Doug
WA3DSP